Chase Hospitality Group is building a team of inclusive, strategic and dynamic leaders that embody a leadership style that promotes equity, productivity and workplace satisfaction. Our mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences; it’s our duty to develop our team of professionals to become the next industry leaders; it’s our quest to find the finest ingredients; it’s our social responsibility to become a more sustainable organization every day.
What you will find at Chase Hospitality Group is passion without pretense; a unique group that loves coming to work every day, shouts good morning, rolls up their sleeves and works together to create innovative techniques to redefine hospitality.
EVENTS SALES MANAGER
Reporting to the Sr. Sales Leader in Toronto, the Event Sales Manager plays a key role in generating event sales and executing events throughout the year. You will be working fairly autonomously across existing and future PLANTA locations but working closely with the Operations teams at each location.
Working with wider CHG and PLANTA Events team, you will be responsible for the full sales cycle including but not limited to qualifying leads, site visits, negotiating contracts and day of event management.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Responsible for achieving monthly and annual sales goals
- Proactively implements sales initiatives e.g. trade shows, referral schemes, build relationships with Event Bookers and host showcase events etc.
- Responds to event inquiries
- Create proposals or quotes for clients as requested to present ideas and solutions to suit guests needs, budget, etc.
- Recognize opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering
- Follows up with clients post-event to collect feedback and develop repeat business
- Works directly with marketing to implement sales-driving initiatives and to ensure Event Packages are up to date and available online
- Completes weekly MTD events financial report to distribute to ELT and operations
- Conducts site visits
- Works with guests and Operations team to plan all details of an event
- Creates internal briefs (utilizing our event booking software) that clearly states the menu, beverage offerings and the finer details required to execute the event creating a clear understanding of the flow and expectations for the Operations Team
- Coordinates with culinary and operations teams to ensure all items are on-site for events
- Creates Floor plans (utilizing our event booking software) for events to clearly communicate guest expectations of the setup
- Listens to guest’s needs and concerns and presents ideas and solutions to their inquiries
- Schedules tastings & meetings with clients to discuss event details as requested and required
- Sources specialty items for guests needs as required
- Liaise with external vendors required for events, noting special instructions, arrival times, contact information etc.
- Update menu templates and pick lists in Tripleseat (Events Management software)
WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
- Develop a deep understanding of each restaurants offering and guest profile
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and collaborating with key stakeholders to manage multiple events concurrently
- Adhere to design standards and guidelines; deliver in accordance with deadlines
- Responsible for driving event sales and executing all Miami based events
INGREDIENTS YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3+ years of event sales experience
- Ideally having worked on lifestyle brands or venue-based operations (preferably restaurant based)
- Professional phone and email etiquette
- Strong organizational and time management skills and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proven decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude, flexible and motivated to be successful
- Dependable, self-disciplined and team-oriented with strong attention to detail and initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proficiency in G-Suite, with the ability to learn new software
- Knowledge of catering software an asset
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as business needs require
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career with our ever growing company
- Mentorship and guidance by top hospitality professionals in the city
- Discounts to gyms and wellness programs in the city
- 50% Discounts at all full service CHG wide concepts
Chase Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code And the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act during the application process are available upon request.