Chase Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of restaurants across Canada and the U.S., including Planta Restaurants, The Chase, The Chase Fish & Oyster, Kasa Moto, Arthur’s Restaurant and Palm Lane. Chase Hospitality Group’s mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Planta is an innovative North American brand celebrating plant-based dining in both full service and fast casual settings with outlets in Toronto and Miami. Planta exists to bring guests thoughtful, sustainable and uncompromising restaurant experiences without the reliance on animal products.
EVENT SALES AND LOGISTICS LEADER
Reporting to the CHG’s Senior Sales Leader based in Toronto, ON; the primary focus of the Planta Event Sales and Logistics Leader (US) position is generating event sales for our PLANTA restaurant locations in the US. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter who can manage the full sales cycle of private events and catering for our US PLANTA locations including, but not limited to, community outreach, qualifying leads, site visits, negotiating contracts, ensuring flawless on-site event execution, and cultivating long term relationships with clients that result in repeat business. This role will work closely with the culinary and operations teams at each restaurant location to maximize revenue through event bookings, as well as, facilitate the day-to-day fulfilment of our PLANTA at home nationwide shipments. .
WHATS ON YOUR PLATE:
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect
Sales Responsibilities: (50%)
- Responsible for achieving monthly and annual sales goals
- Proactively implements sales initiatives e.g. trade shows, referral schemes, build relationships with Event Bookers and host showcase events etc.
- Responds to event inquiries
- Create proposals or quotes for clients as requested to present ideas and solutions to suit guests needs, budget, etc.
- Recognize opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering
- Follows up with clients post-event to collect feedback and develop repeat business
- Works directly with marketing to implement sales-driving initiatives and to ensure Event Packages are up to date and available online
- Completes weekly MTD events financial report to distribute to ELT and operations
Events Responsibilities: (30%)
- Conducts site visits
- Works with guests and Operations team to plan all details of an event
- Creates internal briefs (utilizing our event booking software) that clearly states the menu, beverage offerings and the finer details required to execute the event creating a clear understanding of the flow and expectations for the Operations Team
- Coordinates with culinary and operations teams to ensure all items are on-site for events
- Creates Floor plans (utilizing our event booking software) for events to clearly communicate guest expectations of the setup
- Listens to guest’s needs and concerns and presents ideas and solutions to their inquiries
- Schedules tastings & meetings with clients to discuss event details as requested and required
- Sources specialty items for guests needs as required
- Liaise with external vendors required for events, noting special instructions, arrival times, contact information etc.
- Performs quarterly training seminars for FOH event staff as required
- Hosts weekly internal planning meetings
- Works with Chef’s to update event menus to reflect seasonal menu changes
- Update menu templates and pick lists in Tripleseat (Events Management software)
- Develop a deep understanding of each restaurants offering and guest profile
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and collaborating with key stakeholders to manage multiple events concurrently
- Adhere to design standards and guidelines; deliver in accordance with deadlines
- Responsible for driving event sales and executing all Miami based events
Logistics Responsibilities: (20%)
- Oversee PLANTA at home order fulfillment process out of PLANTA South Beach location
- Provides culinary team with daily PLANTA at home order totals and assists with inventory management
- Communicates label and shipping supply needs to operations in a timely manner
- Assists with customer service and issue resolution for US orders
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3+ years of event sales experience
- Fully understand and embody Chase Hospitality Group’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- A proactive team player that embodies our spirit of entrepreneurship and mutual respect
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ideally having worked on lifestyle brands or venue-based operations (preferably restaurant based)
- Professional phone and email etiquette
- Strong organizational and time management skills and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proven decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude, flexible and motivated to be successful
- Dependable and self-disciplined with strong attention to detail and initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proficiency in G-Suite, with the ability to learn new software
- Knowledge of catering software an asset
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as business needs require
- Bachelor’s Degree / Higher Education Qualification. Preference for candidates with a concentration in Hospitality, Sales or Events
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career with our ever growing company
- Mentorship and guidance by top hospitality professionals in the city
- Discounts to gyms and wellness programs in the city
- 50% Discounts at all full service CHG wide concepts
Chase Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Americas with Disabilities Act during the application process are available upon request.