Chase Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of restaurants across Canada and the U.S., including Planta Restaurants, The Chase and Kasa Moto. Chase Hospitality Group’s mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond, creating the ultimate guest experience.
Planta is an innovative North American brand celebrating plant-based dining in both full service and fast casual settings with outlets in Toronto and Miami. Planta exists to bring guests thoughtful, sustainable and uncompromising restaurant experiences without the reliance on animal products.
Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager works in tandem with the Executive Restaurant Leader, Front of House, and Heart of House teams to create an unparalleled guest experience while ensuring a leading class experience for all staff members. The AGM will possess exceptional accountability for planning, organizing and directing all guest services, food and beverage operations, and development processes while achieving optimal guest satisfaction.
WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- Prepares and implements standard operating procedures, coordinates restaurant operations during each shift, determines and implements operating improvements
- Manages all aspects of staff performance in accordance with established service standards, ensure staff knows and adheres to established steps of service and service standards
- Monitors adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards within location, ensure compliance with restaurant security procedures, inclusive of alcohol regulations, ensure a safe working environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team and guests, maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems
- Maintains restaurant cleanliness and upholds esthetics standards of CHG
- Monitor staff schedules and ensures that budgeted labour costs are met
- Submission of Weekly and Monthly packages; oversight of weekly and monthly invoice scans, credit card uploads
- Maintaining accountability for all internals controls around invoices, cash and other payments handling and procedures
- All responsibility to cash handling procedure, maintenance and safe and till handling weekly auditing
- Interacts with guests, to ensure all inquiries, guest recovery and complaints are handled promptly
- Review GOD doc and monitor restaurant sales and revenue
- Implementation and execution on marketing and promotional activities
- Appropriately adapts to seasonal changes and creates and manages relevant initiatives
- Arranges for maintenance and repairs of equipment and services
- Ensure repairs, maintenance and preventative maintenance plan for the building, facility, and grounds as per the Purchasing Manager
- Recruit, interview, and hire team members; conduct performance appraisals, take disciplinary action, motivate and train
- Assesses staffing requirements on a continuous basis to identify current needs
- Oversee trackers on a daily
- Complete weekly payroll reports
- Review weekly reservations and events
- Host and lead weekly manager meetings
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Fully understand and embody Chase Hospitality Group’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- Demonstrated experience with decision making, process improvement, strategic planning, customer focus, management proficiency, managing profitability, quality control
- 2-4 years of management experience in either a food service or retail environment
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong analytical/decision-making skills
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
- Competitive compensation and group benefits
- Mentorship and guidance from Top Hospitality Leaders
- Growth opportunities within diverse and expansive concepts
- 50% discount - Available to use at our phenomenal locations!
Chase Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code And the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, as well as the Americas with Disabilities Act, during the application process are available upon request.