Chase Hospitality Group is a premier hospitality company that develops and operates a portfolio of top restaurants across Canada and the U.S., including Planta Restaurants, The Chase, The Chase Fish & Oyster, Kasa Moto, Arthur’s Restaurant and Palm Lane. Chase Hospitality Group’s mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Planta is an innovative North American brand celebrating plant-based dining in both full service and fast casual settings with outlets in Toronto and Miami. Planta exists to bring guests thoughtful, sustainable and uncompromising restaurant experiences without the reliance on animal products.
SERVER ASSISTANT/FOOD RUNNER
Reporting to the Venue Leadership Team, the Server Assistant/Food Runner works alongside the Captain to ensure that our guests have a pleasant and memorable dining experience. They collaborate with the Captain with the dining experience, while providing friendly and prompt table-side service to guests. This individual has strong attention to detail and also supports the kitchen team with quality control, presentation of the plate and keeping the flow of orders.
WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of menu items to effectively explain ingredients and preparation methods for each item.
- Be knowledgeable about our food and beverage menus and make recommendations to guests
- Remove used tableware between courses; clear and reset tables after guests leave.
- Between seatings, promptly clean, reset + arrange table tops, chairs and booths. Check floor and clean as required
- Deliver food to the guest in a timely manner and efficiently
- Be courteous and polite during all guest interactions
- Anticipate the guests’ needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency. Bid farewell to guests, using guest’s name when known, and encourage them to return
- Act as a liaison between kitchen and front of house
- Focus on the cleanliness and sanitation of the restaurant, including but not limited to: the dining room, storage areas, garbage spaces and other working spaces
- Remain professional and poised during peak service hours
- Ability to remain organized at all times in a fast paced environment
- Follow safety procedures and policies to ensure a safe environment
- Accurately practice serving standards on a daily basis
- Understand the meaning of guest satisfaction
- Perform assigned side work and understand which tasks need to take priority at differing times.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Fully understand and embody Chase Hospitality Group’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- A proactive team player that embodies our spirit of entrepreneurship and mutual respect
- 2-3 years experience in a high volume, casual fine-dining establishment
- Smart Serve certification
- Strong knowledge food, wine + cocktails
- Good knowledge of food and beverage items
- Able to cope with pressure & tight schedule
- Professional, articulate, friendly, and punctual.
- Possesses and exhibits the drive to provide exceptional guest service
- Must be able to stand/walk for 8 hours; bend, push, pull; lift 30 lbs
- Proficient in computer skills including POS systems
- Professional appearance appropriate for a premier restaurant
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented and impeccably organized
- Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality, WSET, Prud’homme or equivalent considered an asset
- Full time flexible hours are required (days, nights, weekends, holidays) or as agreed with your hiring manager
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WHAT YOU DO WITH CHG:
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career with our ever growing company
- Mentorship and guidance by top hospitality professionals in the city
- Discounts to gyms and wellness programs in the city
- 20% Discounts at all full service CHG wide concepts
Chase Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Americas with Disabilities Act during the application process are available upon request.