Chase Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of restaurants across Canada and the U.S., including Planta Restaurants, The Chase, The Chase Fish & Oyster, Kasa Moto, Arthur’s Restaurant and Palm Lane. Chase Hospitality Group’s mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond, creating the ultimate guest experience.
Planta is an innovative North American brand celebrating plant-based dining in both full service and fast casual settings with outlets in Toronto and Miami. Planta exists to bring guests thoughtful, sustainable and uncompromising restaurant experiences without the reliance on animal products.
Reporting to the Venue Leadership Team, the Captain ensures that guests have a pleasant and memorable dining experience. This individual has extensive food and beverage knowledge and is guest driven. They monitor the setup, maintenance, cleanliness and safety of the dining areas. This individual must be able to complete opening and closing duties/checklists in a timely fashion. This individual must coordinate food service between kitchen and dining staff.
WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- Create a world-class guest experience through interaction and CHG’s steps of service
- Anticipate guests’ needs and ensure that service exceeds expectations to ensure a memorable and pleasant dining experience
- Be knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in order to make recommendations
- Ensure accuracy when entering orders into the POS system
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards
- Maintain communication with and supports the venue’s Leadership Team.
- Inspect and detail dining room, table settings, chairs, floors, proper maintenance, cleanliness and safety
- Monitor the cleanliness of section and ensure all materials and areas are clean and free from clutter
- Follow all food safety standards and systems
- Be aware of any special requests, inclusive of guest allergies
- Responsibility of safe + informed ordering for allergen guests.
- Complete opening, closing and side-duties efficiently
- Make sure server station is stocked and ready for service
- Perform assigned side work
- Work as a team with co-workers: view the entire restaurant as your section when opportunity allows.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the management team
- Responsible for cash handling and accurate reporting, as the venue will lend a cash float for service
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Fully understand and embody Chase Hospitality Group’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- A proactive team player that embodies our spirit of entrepreneurship and mutual respect
- 2-3 years experience in a high volume, casual fine-dining establishment
- Smart Serve certification
- Strong knowledge food, wine + cocktails
- Good knowledge of food and beverage items
- Able to cope with pressure & tight schedule
- Professional, articulate, friendly, and punctual.
- Possesses and exhibits the drive to provide exceptional guest service
- Must be able to stand/walk for 8 hours; bend, push, pull; lift 30 lbs
- Proficient in computer skills including POS systems
- Professional appearance appropriate for a premier restaurant
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented and impeccably organized
- Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality, WSET, Prud’homme or equivalent considered an asset
- Full time flexible hours are required (days, nights, weekends, holidays) or as agreed with your hiring manager
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WHAT YOU DO WITH CHG:
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career with our ever growing company
- Mentorship and guidance by top hospitality professionals in the city
- Discounts to gyms and wellness programs in the city
- 50% Discounts at all full service CHG wide concepts
Chase Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code And the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, as well as the Americas with Disabilities Act, during the application process are available upon request.