Chase Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of restaurants across Canada and the U.S., including Planta Restaurants, The Chase, The Chase Fish & Oyster, Kasa Moto, Arthur’s Restaurant and Palm Lane. Chase Hospitality Group’s mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Planta is an innovative North American brand celebrating plant-based dining in both full service and fast casual settings with outlets in Toronto and Miami. Planta exists to bring guests thoughtful, sustainable and uncompromising restaurant experiences without the reliance on animal products.
Reporting to the Venue Leadership Team, the Bartender is genuinely enthusiastic about the guest’s overall beverage experience, whether its providing an outstanding classic cocktail or creating an innovative drink. They take pride in their food, wine, and spirit knowledge and are passionate about everything mixology. They display natural showmanship, have great communication skills and a strong eye for detail.
WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- Create a world-class guest experience through interactions and following CHG steps of service
- Mix and Serve drinks following set standard recipes
- Oversee the overall operation of the bar; POS, set up, tear down, mise en place, etc.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the bar, equipment + supplies
- Uphold complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections
- Provide Barbacks direction and coaching to ensure proper operation of the bar and assist them when necessary
- Be aware of all inventory behind the bar. When requested, count and take inventory of all beverages and supplies
- Complete opening, closing and side-duties efficiently
- Perform assigned side work
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the management team
- Creating a positive experience for all our guests, both educational and engaging
- Providing attentive service, while being professional, focused and reliable
- Having strong attention to detail and the ability to retain and clearly articulate details of bar offering, and beverage program
- A desire to create innovative cocktails and drive to continue learning
- A passion and excitement about hospitality, wines, and cocktails
- Ability to work under pressure and high stress environments
- Responsible for cash handling and accurate reporting, as the venue will lend a cash float for service
- Responsible for accurate reporting of spillage and mistakes, that this must be recorded on POS or spillage tracking sheet.
- Responsibility of safe + informed ordering for allergen guests.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Fully understand and embody Chase Hospitality Group’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- A proactive team player that embodies our spirit of entrepreneurship and mutual respect
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- 3+ bartending experience in a similar high-volume cocktail driven environment, that includes a full-serviced wood and service bar
- Strong knowledge of spirit, wine and beer, with the ability to speak to this fluently with guests
- Attention to detail ands a holds an esteemed degree for steps of service and fine dining
- Smart Serve Certification a requirement
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills with sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word
- Results orientated, self motivated, and highly organized with an eye for detail
- Committed to safety and good environmental practices in the workplace
- Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality, WSET, Prud’homme or equivalent considered an asset
- Full time flexible hours are required (days, nights, weekends, holidays) or as agreed with your hiring manager
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WHAT YOU DO WITH CHG:
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career with our ever growing company
- Mentorship and guidance by top hospitality professionals in the city
- Discounts to gyms and wellness programs in the city
- 50% Discounts at all full service CHG wide concepts
Chase Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code And the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, as well as the Americas with Disabilities Act, during the application process are available upon request.