Chase Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of restaurants across Canada and the U.S., including Planta Restaurants, The Chase, The Chase Fish & Oyster, Kasa Moto, Arthur’s Restaurant and Palm Lane. Chase Hospitality Group’s mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Planta is an innovative North American brand celebrating plant-based dining in both full service and fast casual settings with outlets in Toronto and Miami. Planta exists to bring guests thoughtful, sustainable and uncompromising restaurant experiences without the reliance on animal products.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the restaurant, achieving optimal guest satisfaction and a good working environment to put forward The Chase Hospitality Group’s Vision and Values. They possess strong accountability for budgeting and financial management, planning, organizing and directing all guest services, including all front of house staff, food and beverage operations and development processes.
WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect.
- Executes standard operating procedures, coordinates restaurant operations during each shift, determines and implements operating improvements
- Ensures completion of all day-to-day administrative and service tasks
- Manages all aspects of staff performance in accordance with established service standards and staff training guidelines, ensure staff knows and adheres to established steps of service and service standards
- Monitors adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards within location, ensure compliance with restaurant security procedures, inclusive of alcohol regulations, ensure a safe working environment by facilitating safe work behaviours of the team and guests, maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems
- Maintains restaurant cleanliness and upholds esthetics standards of CHG
- Organizes and monitor staff schedules and ensures that budgeted labour costs are met
- Assesses staffing requirements on a continuous basis to identify current needs
- Executes guest recognition programs to enhance experience and returning customers
- Interacts with guests, to ensure all in-service inquiries and complaints are handled promptly
- Appropriately adapts to seasonal changes and creates and manages relevant initiatives
- Ensures correct storage of supplies, dry good and small wares (include ordering)
- Supporting all inventory counts
- Under direction of AGM, arrange and execute Repairs and Maintenance for the building, Outside Contracts, ensure maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a Preventative Maintenance Plan based on Company Standards
- Ensuring evolution of the restaurant
- Ensure all staff are trained and aware of corporate & local marketing programs
- Control Profit & Loss (i.e. plan attainment) by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions
- Recruit, interview, and hire team members; conduct performance appraisals, take disciplinary action, motivate and train
- Conduct small wares, non-food items, dry goods, and supply orders ordering and inventory tracking for building
- Manage trackers on a regular basis
- Review weekly reservations and events
- Assists in designing and implementing staff training initiatives
- Pre-shift preparation and execution
- Create and maintain Food bibles, F+B resources, and work with Chef de Cuisine on allergy matrix, ect.
- Attendance and contribution to weekly manager meetings agenda
- Support the TipRoll program/policy adherence
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Fully understand and embody Chase Hospitality Group’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- Strong knowledge in Cost Accounting, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy
- Self starter with demonstrated experience in decision making, process improvement, strategic planning, customer focus, management proficiency, managing profitability, quality control
- 1-2 years of management experience in either a food service or retail environment, including Profit & Loss responsibility
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong analytical/decision-making skills
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
- Mentorship and guidance from Top Hospitality Leaders
- Opportunities to grow and develop within our company and various concepts
- Competitive compensation package and benefits
- 50% discount. Available to use at our phenomenal locations!
Chase Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code And the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, as well as the Americas with Disabilities Act, during the application process are available upon request.