Chase Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of restaurants across Canada and the U.S., including Planta Restaurants, The Chase, The Chase Fish & Oyster, Kasa Moto, Arthur’s Restaurant and Palm Lane. Founded in 2012, Chase Hospitality Group’s mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences; it’s our duty to develop our team of professionals to become the next industry leaders; it’s our quest to find the finest ingredients; it’s our social responsibility to become a more sustainable organization every day. We are committed to building and leveraging a diverse and inclusive culture in everything we do. What you will find at CHG is passion without pretense; a unique group that loves coming to work every day, shouts good morning, rolls up their sleeves and works together to create innovative techniques to redefine hospitality.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Human Resources, the Diversity and Inclusion Specialist contributes to and leads the implementation of Diversity and Inclusion strategies, practices and processes. In everything they do, they emphasize equality, empowerment, productivity and standards. This role focuses on being a key leader with reach across every level of the organization and provides recommendations to our leaders and partners both internally and externally, and creates impactful long lasting diversity and inclusion strategies and programs. This will include focusing on Organizational Development, strategizing workplace culture, recruitment, organization design, employee experience, policy interpretation, policy drafting, employee relations and providing guidance and counsel to leaders and employees. They provide exceptional HR services and guidance to employees, managers and leaders. The ideal candidate can juggle numerous requests on a regular basis, communicate with numerous partners and they embody and support a welcoming, inclusive, and nurturing culture within each concept, based on CHG’s Vision and Values.
WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
- Champions the brand’s Vision and Values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do.
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for our people and guests Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect.
- Demonstrate behaviours that support diversity, inclusion, and a respectful work and service environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert and provide advice, service and support to all CHG employees, that enable talent and inclusive business strategies.
- Lead and manage change, thought leader and champion of CHG’s commitment to building a workplace culture and environment that is inclusive, diverse and ensures an optimal experience for our employees.
- Provide strategic planning, coordination and communication of key diversity and inclusive initiatives.
- Lead the Training and Development of all Diversity and Inclusion training and reporting program progress and metrics.
- Collaborate with external community organizations’ that focus on Diversity and Inclusion programs, workgroups and leadership development to strengthen existing and new strategies, policies and training programs.
- Hold the management team accountable and provide guidance and good governance, to ensure new and existing policies and strategies are effective in the concepts.
- Strengthen and strategize the recruitment process and provide assistance in the candidate search and interview process.
- Coach and counsel leadership teams through a variety of topics including Employee Experience, Policy interpretation and development, Employee Relations and other issues related to policy and employment law across Canada and US.
- Maintain best in class management and employee guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending Diversity and Inclusion policies and procedures.
- Prepare and conduct front line and leadership training on employment and labour matters to maintain a positive, productive workforce and to ensure compliance with labor laws.
- Research new and progressive Diversity and Inclusion strategies and ideas.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to analyze and assess the impact and effectiveness of programs and initiatives.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Experience in Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion programs development and training, change management, Culture Transformation, Strategy Development and Leadership Programs.
- Minimum 4 years of experience and knowledge in HR with a concentration on Diversity and Inclusion Strategies and Programs.
- In-depth knowledge of practices, policies, processes and evaluation tools in diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory/leadership role preferred. Passion for developing people and strong teamwork.
- Project Management Experience
- Strong knowledge of current labour/employment laws, governmental compliance requirement and employment investigation practices: labour, workplace health and safety, human rights, and employment standards. US knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Experience in designing and delivering successful training and development programs
- Strong business acumen and analytics around data, reporting.
- Ability to identify trends and provide proactive solutions to mitigate risk.
- The ability to make tough decisions and influence decisions using sound judgment to draw valid conclusions, recommendations and plans of action.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and be comfortable working with every level of the organization and change.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Experience in developing communications, training, policies and data analytics
- Ability to model professionalism and integrity; handle sensitive and confidential information
- Proactively own & execute tasks independently, with a high level of comfort, asking for help when needed. Has a strong bias toward action and ownership of responsibilities
- You are calm under pressure – you know how to prioritize and get things done, and you persevere through challenges with a good attitude
- You’re an optimist - you know that HR can be challenging, but you approach each day as a new opportunity to find that perfect fit and have an impact on someone's career
- You are empathetic and approachable - you enjoy being a sounding board for others and love helping to solve those problems
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career with our ever growing company
- Mentorship and guidance by top hospitality professionals in the city
- Discounts to gyms and wellness programs in the city
- 50% Discounts at all full service CHG wide concepts
Chase Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code And the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, as well as the Americas with Disabilities Act, during the application process are available upon request.